Thursday, January 6, 2011

Surrendering Questions

I am not too sure why I am blogging this but it will be short and sweet. I have the slight suspicion that what I am about to blog about, many other women have struggled through. I would like to say that I have all the answers and I have never had questions or failing faith but that would be a lie.
At the threshold of this year I felt God was telling me that this year is the year to surrender my questions. I was basically like “God how is that possible when there is no one and nowhere to ask my questions” … no answer…so subsequently here is my question for Pappa today
  Father if I am the bride, and you are the groom, and the love between us is true, why do I find it so hard to talk to you? What woman doesn't speak to her husband on the eve of their wedding?

3 comments:

  1. this is so beautifully written. i love the real feel of it.
    "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

    He's speaking back, i know it. sometimes though, he might be singing, or painting you a picture - in nature or feelings. or perhaps he is silent - as he simply looks into your eyes and delights in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. And sometimes he just drops trou and squeezes out a nice Cleveland steamer on your chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like there is always someone and somewhere to ask your questions Emily. Sometimes asking questions takes courage but even more often hearing the answers takes far more courage.

    Your post captures many sentiments that I have felt over the years. I've spent a fair bit of time discerning a religious vocation where I would actually literally become the bride of Christ!

    Sometimes I feel like its hard to talk to God because he knows everything and my concerns and questions seem petty on the big scheme of things since there are thousands of people in the world who are suffering physically and even more who are suffering spiritually. Its easy to feel that my questions and concerns aren't important compared to the countless other people in the world.

    ReplyDelete