Monday, January 3, 2011

True Heart True Emotion True Feelings

As I was procrastinating doing my homework, I was surfing facebook. Today I was told that a girl that is younger than I had her baby. When I hear about teens having babies, my heart hurts a little bit inside. Any ways while on facebook I saw a picture of this new mom and her truly beautiful daughter. My heart sunk instantly. I am not to sure what the emotion I felt was but I felt it true and deeply. After I pondered the photo I saw the true love that the young mom who is still a baby herself felt. Within the look in her eyes and the way her lips caressed her babies head, I saw true love and my heart broke even more. I thought WHY , why is it that this is when she feels true love. I know a bit of her family situation (which is not good) and I just wish her father and mother would have been able to show her that love. And above and more importantly than the love her mother and father neglected to show her. I WISH the church would have guided her in a path to find  TRUE  love. The father's love that never EVER EVER EVER  ends and can and could and never will be beat.

            As I write this my heart screams to Daddy God, it cries out and I pray that I will NEVER lose touch with the love of Abba. I also felt convicted when I saw that photo, I was not always the nicest person to her, (however I was not as terrible as the rest) I hang out in the drama room often, where many of the so called “Christians” were even worse to her. Aren’t we as Christians suppose to be the hands and feet of God? Would God ever say anything insulting, would he reject someone, exclude someone… NO…he wouldn’t.

            So this is where I think us as Christians and the church has failed. 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16 both say the same thing explicitly. God is love. Can it be any more obvious? Can God make it any more obvious? I don’t think so. We as Christians should show love, even to the ones that are hard to love, if you’d ask me I don’t think it would be the easiest thing to love the people with flesh eating contagious diseases, but Jesus loved the lepers. Why because he is love and we, being created in his image should also be love. So as I see this picture, I have regret and I feel like I take a large part of the blame. My mind is now opened to so many other situations where people have had a lack of love while growing up. My best friend (who knows I’m writing this) grew up in a situation where love was lacking. Her mother passed away when she was very young, due to drug overdose, and her father is…interesting to say the least and could not provide the love, care, or necessities to raise three children.  My best friend was put into foster care and trust me that system is far from perfect. Abuse of the sexual, physical, emotional and verbal type is not uncommon. My best friend who we will call Lisa for blogging purposes was shifted from home to home, and never did her and her two siblings live together.

            Lisa is now a self professed atheist. I have shown her Christ like love and I have prayed for her and I still do. But where was the church during her decade and more in foster care. Why when she was 5 and when her mind could still have been changed was love never shown? Where were the Christians in her school, social programs and the rest of the world to show her love?
I know I have way too many questions and I have high hopes for the church. However I will never stop showing my best friend love, and I will not give up until her heart is open to the glory, love, redemption and AMAZINGNESS of my Daddy, the Daddy who will never leave or come up short, or go to jail, or lie or stop loving or give up, or fail ( this could go one forever).

MY GOD IS WAKING HEARTS TO LIFE AS WE SPEAK

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about commenting and then removing it, I found a spelling mistake.

    It's too bad that this woman has had a baby at such a young age, but "christian love" is not something that will help her in such an awful situation. If she is keeping it, what she needs is money. If she is putting it up for adoption, she needs support from her family. The last thing she needs is unwanted attention from a group of people whose ideals she doesn't share.

    But I digress,

    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so easy to forget that we are Christ's hands and feet in the world. I'm in teacher's college at the moment studying Catholic education and one of my professors said something that really stuck with me... We might be the only contact a child in our class has with God. I've been thinking about it a lot especially as I've been out on practicum and volunteering with various classes there truly are countless children that will never feel loved or never feel the presence of God in their lives if they don't come into contact with someone who is living out the faith at their schools. So many people come from broken homes or neglectful homes in which they will never find true love.

    St. Theresa of Avila (a great mystic in the Christian tradition) has this beautiful saying that I would like to share with you:

    Christ has no body now but yours
    No hands, no feet on earth but yours
    Yours are the eyes through which He looks
    compassion on this world
    Christ has no body now on earth but yours.

    ReplyDelete