Sunday, June 26, 2011

...

I have no new inspiration,
No admirable thoughts
No words of encouragement
No peace and love to be brought

I brought it all
Laid it out on the table
Said my part
Gave myself away
And am left with a lost heart

My heart is not broken
Just has no place to go
It's sitting inbetween the to and fro
Waiting to be picked up
And brought to the better place
Waiting to earnestly seek my father's face

Waiting to be held in his arms
But how do I to get the hands
That hold the world
How do I come to him
Where do I turn?
Is it left or is it right
Is it straight ahead, or a backwards fight
How do I climb out of this valley
When the storms keep crashing down
This is not my destiny
Not where I am meant to be

I am meant to dwell on the mountain top
Where glory and rains and freedom falls
But the terror storms won’t stop

But I will climb
I will fight the weariness
I will battle the rain
For the glory is mine to gain

On a mountain top I will dwell
In the presence of Glory
In the arms of love
And the threshold of eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment